Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Giardia lamblia



Giardia lamblia protozoan. Coloured scanning electron micrograph (SEM) of a Giardia lamblia trophozoite, showing the ventral adhesive disk (centre right), which it uses to attach itself to its host. Giardia are single-celled parasites of the intestinal tract. They are most common in tropical regions and have flagella (hair-like structures), which are used for locomotion. This is the trophozoite (active, feeding) life stage of the protozoan. Giardia lamblia is the causative agent of giardiasis, an intestinal disease that causes abdominal pain, diarrhoea and nausea. It is spread through contaminated food and water. Treatment is with antibiotics or antiprotozoal drugs, such as metronidazole.

1 comment:

  1. Its a miracle that I am alive today. I encounter HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS (HSV1/2) for good four (4) years, six (6) months and twelve (12) day with my calculations, before I meet the great Dr. Emmanuel. I am Tina Richard from Fresno California, united state of America and I was affected with herpes virus.Herpes is a viral infection cause by the Herpes simplex virus, marked by painful, watery blister in the skin or mucous membrane or on the genitals. This was what I suffered for good four years. I have visited CVS Pharmacy in Fresno for treatment but no improvement. I meet Dr.Emmanuel online while I was searching for herpes cure I read a testimony about his work. I give a try that now becomes a testimony in my life. I contacted Dr.Emmanuel WhatsApp  +2348140073965 or E-mail: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com  

    ReplyDelete