Monday, June 18, 2012

Tail of a young Nile crocodile



Tail of a young Nile crocodile (Crocodylus niloticus), showing osteoderms (bony scale-like plates). These osteoderms, comprised of the protein keratin, form a protective armour on a crocodile's upper surfaces. These plated, armoured skin areas are shed in patches and replaced as the crocodile grows. This crocodile is a carnivorous predator that inhabits tropical and subtropical areas of Africa, near swamps, lakes and rivers. The young, become independent at the age of two years. Photographed in 2011, at the Pierrelatte crocodile farm (La Ferme aux Crocodiles) in southern France.

1 comment:

  1. Its a miracle that I am alive today. I encounter HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS (HSV1/2) for good four (4) years, six (6) months and twelve (12) day with my calculations, before I meet the great Dr. Emmanuel. I am Tina Richard from Fresno California, united state of America and I was affected with herpes virus.Herpes is a viral infection cause by the Herpes simplex virus, marked by painful, watery blister in the skin or mucous membrane or on the genitals. This was what I suffered for good four years. I have visited CVS Pharmacy in Fresno for treatment but no improvement. I meet Dr.Emmanuel online while I was searching for herpes cure I read a testimony about his work. I give a try that now becomes a testimony in my life. I contacted Dr.Emmanuel WhatsApp  +2348140073965 or E-mail: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com  

    ReplyDelete